Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The way to long life!

Good morning! My name is Charlotte and I am writing to help us give our first thoughts to the Lord.

Today on television we see all kinds of stay-young commercials. Use this or that and it will reduce your wrinkles and your age spots. These vitamins will help you live longer. This or that will help you lose weight - if it were only true!!!!!!

My mother used to say there are two things you can't hide....that is your age and your weight. Good advice! I'm really glad she said that to me because it helps me accept the fact that I am getting older and I'm not a size 7.

She had a lot of sayings which were wise. On her television she kept a little plaque that said 'I know more about being young than you do about being old.' That is a treasure.

We have been looking at Psalms 91 this week. The last part of that chapter says this:

Because he has set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him:
I will set him on high, because he has known my name.
He shall call upon me, and I will answer him in trouble;
I will deliver him, and honor him.
With long life will I satisfy him, and show him my salvation.


What are the promises in this verse?

I will deliver him.
I will set him on high.
He shall call upon me, and I will answer him in trouble.
I will deliver him, and honor him.
WITH LONG LIFE WILL I SATISFY HIM AND SHOW HIM MY SALVATION.

Notice I will deliver him is in this twice. Not only deliver us but honor us. Just think....all of this just because we set our love upon Him.

What would happen if we took out a full page ad in the newspaper and a minute commercial on television saying - SOLVES YOUR PROBLEMS - BRINGS YOU HONOR - GIVES YOU ANSWERS - MOST OF ALL LENGTHENS YOUR LIFE - and at the bottom JUST LOVE JESUS!!!! Free of charge - paid for in advance at Calvary - a gift for you if you will accept it. Call on the Father and He will answer you today and the call doesn't even cost a penny.

I wonder what the results would be?????????

Have a good day!

Ms. Charlotte

No comments: