Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My shield is God's favor!!!!!!

Good morning! My name is Charlotte and I am writing to help us give our first thoughts to the Lord.

Psalms 5 says this GIVE EAR TO MY WORDS, O LORD, CONSIDER MY MEDITATION. HEARKEN UNTO THE VOICE OF MY CRY, MY KING, AND MY GOD: FOR UNTO YOU WILL I PRAY. MY VOICE SHALL YOU HEAR IN THE MORNING, O LORD; IN THE MORNING WILL I DIRECT MY PRAYER UNTO YOU, AND WILL LOOK UP.

I may have shared this before but it is worth repeating. Several years ago I made a cassette on which I had to sing my own music or else pay copyright charges to sing someone else's songs. The Lord gave me a whole album of songs, and one of the most striking to me was a song call 'Look up, my child.'

I was looking out my kitchen window one day and there was a little sparrow just peck, peck, pecking all around. I told the Lord that this was a special moment because only He and I could see that little sparrow. I turned to leave the kitchen and the Lord spoke to my heart. He said 'My children are like that little sparrow. They just peck, peck, peck all around and they never look up because if they looked up, they would know that I am watching over them.' He then gave me the song 'Look up, my child.'

That is what this scripture is talking about - in the morning, Lord, You will hear my cry - in the morning will I direct my prayer to You - in the morning, Lord, I will look up.

I pondered stopping writing Charlotte in the morning. I thought maybe everybody was tired of hearing from me. I have written for a year in May. But (there's the but) I will continue writing if not for anyone else, I will write for me. To give my first thoughts to the Lord.....to continue in God's word...and to look up first thing every day.

Psalms 5 continues in verse 11 BUT LET ALL THOSE THAT PUT THEIR TRUST IN THEE REJOICE: LET THEM EVER SHOUT FOR JOY, BECAUSE YOU DEFEND THEM: LET THEM ALSO THAT LOVE THY NAME BE JOYFUL IN THEE. FOR YOU, O LORD, WILL BLESS THE RIGHTEOUS; WITH FAVOR WILL YOU COMPASS HIM AS WITH A SHIELD.

I don't know about you but I need God's favor. So this day I SHOUT FOR JOY BECAUSE HE DEFENDS ME AND I MAKE A QUALITY DECISION TO BE JOYFUL IN HIM. MY SHIELD IN THIS LIFE IS HIS FAVOR.

What a blessed way to live our days.

Thank you, Lord, for your blessing. Thank you for your favor to us and for the fact, Lord, that we can depend on you to watch over us and defend us. If you are for us, who can be against us. Be with everyone who reads this and the ones who don't, watch over them and bless them, heal their homes and their family. I pray for Amber and her baby today. Give the doctor wisdom and her courage in light of having this new baby. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.

Have a blessed day!

Ms. Charlotte

2 comments:

The Howitzer said...

I think you need to keep writing.. there is something powerful about collecting ones thoughts and recording them.. who cares if anyone reads.. write for the pure joy of writing.. most writers have scores and scores of things written that nobody knows about but them.. then out of all that paper comes a masterpiece or two.. if it's fun for you keep doing it

#1

Quetta said...

Charlotte: I love your blog site. I am so, so glad that we finally found you. I have been wondering about you for years and wishing we could get you to come to a reunion.I am so glad to know that you are a Christian and that you are using this as a way to witness for the Lord. Praise His name for leading us to you. Maybe now we can keep in contact with each other and know what is going on in each others life. Looking forward to seeing you soon. May God bless and keep you in His care until then. Love Ya, Quetta