Monday, April 14, 2008

Under His Shadow

Good morning! My name is Charlotte and I am writing to help us give our first thoughts to the Lord.

Psalms 91 says He that dwells in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust.

Verse 9 continues Because you have made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, your habitation; There shall no evil befall you, neither shall any plague come near your dwelling. For He shall give His angels angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways. They shall bear you up in their hands, lest you dash you foot against a stone.

Now listen to this Because he has set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him, and show him my salvation.

Speaking of the favor of God. When you sell someone a product, you learn to promote the benefits. What are the benefits of serving God???????

This scripture says

1. We will abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Did you ever feel like your kids were right under your feet? Everywhere you went, they went. This scripture says that we are so close to God when we trust in Him that we are under his shadow. Now shadows don't extend too far, so when we trust in God we are close enough to be in His shadow. How wonderful!!!!!

2. No evil shall befall you - you hear of people who have had robbers come into their homes and they have been unafraid. Because they were unafraid they would tell the robber of Jesus and I have read stories of how the robber would repent and cry and leave. Remember when adverse things happen - that God says no evil shall befall you and why? because you trust in Him. He turns everything into something for our good.

3. No plague can come near your dwelling - Remember Moses - how the blood was over the doorpost of the Israelites' homes and the plague could not come into their home because of the blood of the lamb. Well, our homes are protected as well because of the blood of the Lamb - Jesus.

4. He gives His angels charge over us to keep us in all our ways. I have found that even to misplacing things, I can pray and say Lord, give the angels charge over such and such so I can find it. In a while I will just happen upon it. It is a great comfort to me to know that the angels have charge over me so that my foot will not even stumble.....even to the cars on the highways and streets. We need that wonderful protection in this day of cars and busyness.

5. He will be with us always and when we call upon Him, He will answer. It would be a wonderful thing to be close enough to the Lord like Hezekiah. Isaiah brought a message to Hezekiah from the Lord that He was going to die. The Bible says Hezekiah turn his face to the wall and prayed and God heard his prayer and before Isaiah got out the front door, God sent him back to tell Hezekiah that God had given him 15 more years. This scripture is in 2 Kings 20 - verse 5 says I HAVE HEARD YOUR PRAYER, I HAVE SEEN YOUR TEARS; BEHOLD I WILL HEAL YOU.

It is a wonderful things to trust in God and to go to Him first and foremost. Hezekiah did not hesitate - he turned his face to the wall and cried out to God, and God heard.

I want that in my life - for God to hear me and answer me when I cry to Him - when I am in trouble. How about you?

Thank you, Lord, for your Word. Thank you that when we cry unto You, You not only hear but you answer. Thank You that You bring us out on top and honor us. Guide us so that we can be closer under Your shadow. For it is in Jesus name that we pray. Amen.

Have a great day!

Ms. Charlotte

No comments: