Thursday, April 10, 2008

Just keep on keeping on ......

Good morning a little late today! Our computer was acting up so had to call on my hubby to fix it before I could write, however, no matter what time of day we look to the Lord, it is always a good time to look up.

Thank you so much for your comments and encouragements. I appreciate that so much.

Have you ever been in a situation that seemed like you were going to be the loser? I have and the only way out is through the Lord. This is the confidence we can have in Him because His favor compasses us about like a shield.

There are several types of shields. The short hand held type and then the full body type. As for me, I want the full body type and I don't want a part of me sticking out! ha!ha!

Psalms 41 starting with 10 says But you, O Lord, be merciful unto me, and raise me up, that I may requite them. This was David writing when Absalom was trying to take over David's throne by receiving favor from the people.

David was much grieved when he wrote this. It takes a lot of strength when we have to rise up to discipline our grown children. It is a lot of hurt because this is one adult to another adult with relationship between the two. David says God would have to rise him up that he could take care of the situation.

Only God sometimes can 'rise us up' to handle a situation. When we pray and ask God to handle this or that, it does not mean that we do nothing. It means that we wait on the Lord for His instructions to let us know what we need to do.

Verse 11 says By this I know that You favor me, because my enemy does not triumph over me. As Deuteronomy 28 says He will make us the head only and not the tail - above only and not beneath. So as He promises, our enemies will not triumph over us, and why? because we have God's favor.

Verse 12 says And as for me, You uphold me in my integrity, and set me before Your face forever. He upholds us with His right hand. Our job is just to keep on keeping on living for Him.

If we take one step, He will take 4 1/2.

Have a great day!

Ms. Charlotte

No comments: