Friday, April 11, 2008

Let God be God!

Good morning! My name is Charlotte and I am writing to help us give our first thoughts to the Lord.

My favorite scripture of all scripture is in Psalms 37.

Fret not yourself because of evildoers, neither be envious against the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. (In other words - God's gonna mow their grass)

Trust in the Lord, and do good; so shall you dwell in the land, and verily you shall be fed.

Delight yourself also in the Lord; and he shall give you the desires of your heart.

Commit your way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and He shall bring it to pass.

And He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your judgment as the noonday.

Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him: fret not because of him who prospers in his way, because of the man who brings wicked devices to pass.

Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not in any wise to do evil. For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the Lord, they shall inherit the earth.

For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yes, you shall diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.

But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.


We talked yesterday about keep on keeping on because the favor of God surrounds us like a shield. There have been several times in my life that - a couple of times off the top of my head - evil people have come against me and/or my family.

One time when Matthew was in Junior High there was some people that lived down at the end of our block. They were teaching Matthew all kinds of things I did not want him to learn. I started praying for them FERVENTLY. They up and moved to Oklahoma.

Another time I had a woman who had been put over my department that was just wicked. I was the supervisor of the department and she did everything she could to demean me. I got up one morning really early and went to the park which was in walking distance of my apartment and prayed and prayed and prayed. God showed me that He had it all in His Hand and everything would be fine. I ended up resigning which was the right choice, but get this - they moved her to Atlanta, Ga.

Our job is to hold our shield of faith. God's job is to provide a shield of favor for us. When we do what we should do, then God can do what He can do. Where we get in trouble is returning evil for evil. We can't do that. We have to trust in the Lord and return good for evil, this let's God be God.

Lord, help us to walk this walk the way You want us to. To trust in You and Your way rather than go off the deep end and mess up. Always bring to our remembrance that we have Your favor and our enemies are in Your Hands. In Jesus Name we pray. Amen (it is done)

Have a great weekend!

Ms. Charlotte

No comments: