Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Under His Wing

Good morning! My name is Charlotte and I am writing to help us give our first thoughts to the Lord.

Psalms 91 says He that dwells in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. (v1) He shall cover you with his feathers, and under his wings shall you trust. (v4)

There is a children's book about the mother hen who drew her little chicks under her wings. The barn caught on fire and the mother hen lost her life but when they picked her up, her little chicks were safe. She had given her life for the little chicks.

While we might think this is a morbid story, it is likened unto Jesus when He died on the cross for us.....that we might live. This scripture says that He covers us with his feathers and under his wings we will trust....confidently that we are safe in Jesus.

The scripture says The name of the Lord is a strong tower. The righteous run into it and they are safe.

It is a wonderful thing to trust in the Lord. Evie used to sing a song that says something like this - if heaven never was promised to me, it all would be worth it to serve the Lord. In other words, if this is AS GOOD AS IT GETS, it is worth it - just trusting and living for Jesus. Having the refuge from the storm in this life.

There is a song that says

I've had visions and I have dreamed my dreams.
I have even held them right here in my hand.
But what I didn't realize is they can slip right through
as if they were only grains of sand.

But my anchor holds in the Rock of Ages.
My anchor holds in the great I AM.
I have fallen down on my knees as I've faced life's stormy seas,
and my anchor holds in spite of the storm.

Have a great day today!

Ms. Charlotte

No comments: