Friday, January 25, 2008

To make our boast only in the Lord!


Lord, You are my shield, my strength, my portion, my deliverer, my shelter, my strong tower, my very present help in time of need. Thank You.



Good Friday morning! I am glad this week to see Friday come around. It's been a rough week. But I am writing to help us give our first thoughts to the Lord.

Psalms 34 says I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul will make its boast in the Lord; The humble shall hear it and rejoice.

O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together. I sought the Lord, and He answered me, and delivered me from all my fears.

They looked to Him and were radiant, and their faces will never be ashamed.

This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him and saved him out of all his troubles.

The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear Him, and rescues them.

O taste and see that the Lord is good; How blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him!

O fear the Lord, you His saints; For to those who fear Him there is no want. The young lions do lack and suffer hunger; but (there's the but) they who seek the Lord shall not be in want of any good thing.

Come, you children, listen to me; I will teach you the fear of the Lord.

Who is the man who desires life and loves length of days that he may see good?

Keep your lips from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.


I used to stay with a lady named Miss Ida. She was 102 years old. Her mind was just as sharp as could be, and although she couldn't get around very good, she ruled her house with a mighty hand - that is, what she could see to tell someone to do. I asked her one time what did she think was the secret to her long life. She replied that it was clean living. I don't think she had ever even had a boy friend in her whole life. She worked at the Log Cabin for 60 something years. She was a devout Catholic, and a very spunky lady. I loved her very much.

This scripture says who desires life and loves length of day that he may see good? One who keep his lips from evil and does good. One who seeks peace and pursues it. That is saying a lot. Paul says one that can bridle his tongue can control his whole body.

To control our tongue - the words that we say - or don't say. I have a friend that always thinks before she speaks. In talking to her sometimes you would think she is slow but quite the opposite is true. She thinks before she speaks.

I used to say of myself that if it comes into my brain, it comes out my mouth. That is a terrible place to be. The Word says to study to be quiet. In other words, think before you speak. We can save ourselves a lot of heartache if we do.

I'm going for today - Lord, be with us as we go into this weekend. Keep everyone safe and lead and guide us in the ways we should go. In Jesus Name we pray. Amen (it is done)

Have a good weekend!

Charlotte

No comments: