Friday, January 11, 2008

On this Friday night!


Thank you, Lord, for your beautiful world. Just like poor people, You must love flowers because you made so many of them. We love them too.




Good morning! My name is Charlotte, and I am writing to help us give our very first thoughts to the Lord.

Yesterday we were talking about how when Jesus walked on earth, He had to get away in seclusion, away from the people, and refresh Himself. People followed Him everywhere He went for healing, for teaching, for deliverance, and even being fed. And, how today we have the Holy Spirit who is in our hearts always and doesn't have to get away and refresh Himself, because He is spiritually always present.

Several years ago, I wrote a little booklet called "Alone." It is a booklet about being single, and my son, Tim, wrote a poem - well, actually a poem/song for my book.

It goes like this:

Alone, All by Myself
by
Tim Howington

I sit here all by myself every Friday night!
My friends are all out having fun, something's just not right!
I sit and wonder, is there something wrong with me?
I am so lonely.

I turn on the TV, but there's nothing really on.
I try to read a book, can't get past chapter one.
Book and TV, they don't talk back to me.
I need a friendly face, cause I am so lonely.

I am alone, all by myself. I am alone, there's no one else.
I am alone, Lord, do you see me? Where did I go wrong?
Is there something wrong with me?

Jesus, have you left? I thought you would always stay.
Didn't you promise, Lord, you would never go away?

Then deep inside my heart, I heard the Holy Spirit say:

"I always keep my Word and I am here with you today,
but I am alone, all by myself.
I am alone, you are looking to someone else.
I am alone, waiting for you patiently.
I have been here all along, waiting for you to see,
but I am alone."

"Why do you look to others to meet your needs,
When I long to fill you and know you personally?
Your friends will leave you empty, wanting only more,
While I can fill your longings from my endless store.

You don't have to be alone, all by yourself.
You don't have to be alone, always looking to someone else.
You don't have to be alone, I'm waiting patiently.
I'm here for you.
You are not alone."

(Tim does have a website. It is http://thehowitzers.blogspot.com . Check it out!)

So, this Friday night instead of looking elsewhere for your excitement, look to Jesus. He's always there.

Have a nice weekend!

Charlotte

No comments: