Tuesday, January 22, 2008

LORD, MAY I?


Lord, You are my shield, my strength, my portion, my deliverer, my shelter, my strong tower, my very present help in time of need. Thank You.




Good morning! My name is Charlotte and I am writing to help us give our first thoughts to the Lord.

Psalms 20 says: May the Lord answer you in the day of trouble.

In this scripture today we could play instead of MOTHER, MAY I, we could play LORD, MAY I. Everytime the scripture says May remember you take a giant step.

Here's the first one - I need an answer in the day of trouble -

LORD, MAY I? Yes, know that the Lord will answer you in the day of trouble.

May the name of the God of Jacob set you securely on high!

I need someone to set me securely on high.

LORD, MAY I? Yes! you can know that the God of Jacob will set you securely on high.

I really don't like high places but if the Lord set me SECURELY on high, it would be okay.

There is nothing more frightening to me than a high place. The reason this was instilled in me was when I was a young girl, I worked for Union Life insurance in Little Rock. When the Stephens bought Union LIfe, they put a really nice lunch room on the 12th floor and the penthouse was on the 13th floor.

One day some of us girls decided we would go up past the penthouse onto the sundeck, which would have been like the 14th floor. There was a spiral staircase leading up to the sundeck and, of course, we had on our spike heels and all. The going up was a piece of cake - oh! but the coming down!!!!!!!! was like stepping off the 14th floor of that building onto that spiral staircase and the only thing between you can falling was the next crooked step. I had to take off my heels and sit down and scoot one step at a time to get down. Needless to say, I never attempted that again.

In LORD, MAY I, the Lord sets us SECURELY on high, going up and coming down!

May He send you help from the sanctuary and support you from Zion!

I need help and support in this time of trouble!

LORD, MAY I? Yes, the Lord will help you and support you in all situations at all times from where He is at because He is always present and always knowing!!!!!

May He remember all your meal offerings and find your burnt offering acceptable!

(already happened when Jesus made the final sacrifice for us) Jesus said FATHER, MAY I? and the Father said 'yes' your sacrifice for people in 2008 is acceptable.

May He grant you your heart's desire and fulfill all your counsel!

I need my heart's desire to be granted and my counsel fulfilled? Defining counsel as a purpose or a plan (Webster's)

LORD, MAY I? The Lord will grant you your heart's desire and fulfill all your counsel (purposes or plans).

We will sing for joy over your victory, and in the name of our God we will set up our banners.

Hey! we're getting there - let's celebrate - we are winners in LORD, MAY I? and we will put up banners to celebrate our victory.

May the Lord fulfill all your petitions.

One more - I need all my petitions fulfilled.

LORD, MAY I? Oh, yes, the Lord will fulfill all your petitions and grin while He is doing it. Why? because He delights in us....you and me. He loves us and wants good, good, things for us.

NOW I know that the Lord saves His anointed;

He will answer him from His holy heaven with the saving strength of His right hand. (doesn't matter which hand God uses, it will always be the right hand)

Some boast in chariots and some in horses,
But
(there's the but) we will boast in the name of the Lord, our God.

They have bowed down and fallen,

But
(there's the but) we have risen and stood upright.

There have been many times in my life that God has given me victory over circumstance and people who at one season was not my friend. I have found to see a person fall is not a pretty sight. When someone falls, as a Christian, this gives you the greatest opportunity to love them with the love of the Lord...then you both come out on top. Both winners - so fly the banner high and trust in God!!!!!!

Save, O Lord;

May the King answer us in the day we call.


Yesterday, we talked about how David cried unto the Lord and God heard him with his ear - just like a mother can recognize her child's cry out of the masses, so when we cry unto the Lord, He hears us with His very ear. And if we know that He hears, we have the petitions that we have made to Him.

I wrote one time that a mother will wait for her baby to cry before she changes him. She will wait for him to fret before she feeds him else she will feed him when he is not hungry or change him when he is not wet.

God says to 'Ask, and you will receive. Seek, and you will find. Knock, and the door will be opened.' It is a reciprocal. Action on your part gets action on God's part.

Thank you, Father, for hearing us when we cry unto you. Thank you, Lord, that if we take one step you will take four and a half. In Jesus name we come to You. Amen (it is done)

Have a great day today!

Charlotte

No comments: