Thursday, January 17, 2008

Oh, to be Your hand extended!


Good morning! My name is Charlotte and I am writing to help us give our first thoughts to the Lord!




I have done a lot of soul searching about 'Charlotte in the morning.' Some of my friends think I should see about having this published, and I have looked into it, however, I do not do what I do for personal gain....never have. There is one thing I want in my life and that is to be with Jesus, to be constant living 24/7 for the Lord - in season and out of season studying the Word of God, and giving my first thoughts to the Lord. Sharing with you is what I am supposed to do and I do it gladly, but that is as far as I can take it unless the Lord opens the door otherwise.

The Lord has always dealt with me differently than with others, I suppose. At one time I wanted to make a recording and the Lord said yes, I could, but my name couldn't be on the recording. I did it! The title was 'Jesus and me.' Did I make a bunch of money? No. I gave most of them away. The things that the Lord gives to me is free. How can I turn around and make money off of it? There are many that do, and get rich, but I have never found it that way for me in serving God.

I do hope that this 'Charlotte in the morning' blesses your life. My prayer is that you will find it essential in starting your day out reading the Word and being with Jesus, not for me, but because it draws you closer to the Master.

We have been looking at the life of Jesus as found in the book of Luke and in the fifth chapter verse 17 starts the this way: One day He was teaching and there were some Pharisees and teachers of the law sitting there, who had come from every village of Galilee and Judea and from Jerusalem; and the power of the Lord was present for Him to perform healing.

Even when Jesus walked the earth and healed people, please note that this particular day THE POWER OF THE LORD WAS PRESENT FOR HIM TO PERFORM HEALING. You know, I have wondered about that. There have been times in my life that I knew that God wanted me to pray for someone for their healing, but I waited for His prompting to do so...not realizing that that was scripture....even for Jesus.

And some men were carrying on a bed a man who was paralyzed; and they were trying to bring him in and to set him down in front of Him. But not finding any way to bring him in because of the crowd, they went up on the roof and let him down through the tiles with his stretcher, into the middle of the crowd, in front of Jesus.

Seeing their faith, He said, "Friend, your sins are forgiven you."

The scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, "Who is this man who speaks blasphemies? Who can forgive sins, but God alone?"

But Jesus, aware of their reasonings, answered and said to them, "Why are you reasoning in your hearts? Which is easier, to say, 'Your sins have been forgiven you,' or to say, 'Get up and walk'? But, so that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins,"--He said to the paralytic--"I say to you, get up, and pick up your stretcher and go home."

Immediately he got up before them, and picked up what he had been lying on, and went home glorifying God.

They were all struck with astonishment and began glorifying God; and they were filled with fear, saying, "We have seen remarkable things today."


This man had some faithful friends. This scripture says that when Jesus saw the faith of not only the man, but the faith of his friends in bringing the man to Jesus, He reacted. We have mentioned the last few days about what does it take for us to get serious with God. These men were bound and determined to get their friend to Jesus. Why? Because they knew if they could just get him there, Jesus would heal their friend.

Brother Mike touched on this Sunday night. Do you have a friend that you feel like if you could just get them to come to church, they would be saved? or touched by Jesus? or have their problems solved? or just get their zest back for living?

I had a friend one time whose name was Gary Doggett. He was corrupt, but he did claim to be a Christian. The Lord spoke to me one day to go tell Gary that he was very sick and did not know it, but if he would go to church and be prayed for, he would be healed.

Kinda like Naaman going and dipping in the river and being healed of leprosy.

I went to Gary and told him what the Lord had directed me to say. I remember like yesterday. He said, 'thank you, Charlotte, you are probably right but I cannot go and be prayed for at a church.' About a month later I was coming out of church and a teenager approached me that I did not know. He told me that he had seen me at Gary's house and wanted to let me know that Gary was dead. I couldn't believe my ears. I went to the funeral home and there he was. My heart was so grieved because if he had just done what the Lord said, he would have lived. I believe that. But (there's the but) he didn't.

To get a friend to Jesus - how important that is! To love someone enough to want them to meet Jesus. To go the extra mile. To take the roof off if necessary just to get them to Jesus.

There is a song that says 'Oh, to be His hand extended - reaching out to the oppressed - Let me touch Him - Let me, touch Jesus - so others, can know and be blessed.'

Father, let us be Your hand extended. Just being able to touch You for ourselves is not enough...but to be able to touch You for others so they can be healed or saved, that is what it is all about, God. Lead us this day to the ones You want to be touched by You through us, God. In Jesus Name. Amen (it is done)

Have a blessed day today!

Charlotte

No comments: