Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Don't forget to ask!


This is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it. It's a matter of my will.....I will!





Good morning! My name is Charlotte and I am writing to help us give our first thoughts to the Lord.

Luke 5 starting with 12 says this: While He was in one of the cities, behold, there was a man covered with leprosy; and when he saw Jesus, he fell on his face and implored Him, saying, "Lord, if You are willing, You can make me clean."

This man had nothing to lose. He was a leper - an outcast. He fell on his face right in front of everybody to ask Jesus to heal him.

Do we miss Jesus because we don't want our healing or whatever enough to fall on our face in front of everybody to implore Jesus for it?

I know of a fellow that fell on his face in front of everybody in a jail cell and gave his heart to God. It worked!!!!!!!

I learned a very valuable lesson one time when my kids were little. We lived in Benton and went to First Assembly there. The parking lot was to the right of the church and a good ways from the church. One night we were late for church and it was raining cats and dogs. I asked the Lord to provide a parking spot for us up close so we wouldn't get soaked. When we got there, the Lord had saved a spot for us right up by the front door. I said 'Lord, I can't take this spot. Why did you save this spot for us, there are a lot of old people in this church that could have used that spot.' The Lord spoke to me and said "You were the only one that asked."

I learned a valuable lesson that day. God is willing no matter how small the situation. He is willing to do exceedingly, abundantly above anything that we can ask or think, if we will ask.

I don't mind at all going into a parking lot and saying 'God, I need a good spot up close by the door.' He never fails me.....and if I compromise thinking He won't provide, I can get out to walk to the front door of the store and walk by the place He had provided for me that I missed.

God is willing and waiting!!!!!

And He stretched out His hand and touched him, saying "I am willing; be cleansed."

Note that Jesus was willing to cleanse him. He still is willing when we ask with a sincere heart. Question is do we want anything that bad?????? Get sick - go to the doctor. Have a need - fix it ourselves.

And immediately the leprosy left him. And He ordered him to tell no one, "But go and show yourself to the priest and make an offering for your cleansing, just as Moses commanded, as a testimony to them."

Quicker than a doctor. God doesn't do anything halfway. He doesn't just give us a dose of medicine or say 'call me in the morning.'

But the news about Him was spreading even farther, and large crowds were gathering to hear Him and to be healed of their sicknesses.

The news spread fast - how many people had given up? how many people had illnesses that the doctors couldn't fix? There is no sickness that Jesus is not willing to fix. I want to trust Him more - how about you?

But Jesus Himself would often slip away to the wilderness and pray.

Even Jesus had to 'slip away and pray.' Hey! who do we think we are praying when we get good and ready. If Jesus had to pray, how much more do we need to pray.

I got up this morning, slept too late, didn't feel like writing this Charlotte in the morning, but, in writing I find Jesus, and I am so glad that He meets me here every day. For someone who didn't have anything to say, we sure filled a lot of space, God. Thank you, Lord. I love you.

Have a great day today and don't forget to ask!

Charlotte

No comments: