Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Oh, Lord, My God, how magnificient is Your name in all the earth!


Lord, You are my shield, my strength, my portion, my deliverer, my shelter, my strong tower, my very present help in time of need. Thank You.




Good morning! My name is Charlotte and I am writing to help us give our first thoughts to the Lord. I heard from my sister, Jean, and she is reading 'Charlotte in the morning' now. Welcome aboard, sis!!!! Hope you have a good day today. This is my day off and I am really pleased about that. I need a day off.

I am hoping to get some good pictures to put on here...perhaps a good one of me, but I don't take good pictures. We have misplaced our beautiful vacation pictures of the mountains we went through. I printed some off but Bill decided to organize them on CD's and now, we can't find them. We'll be taking more to share with you soon.

I was reading in the Psalms today - the words from David's heart to and about God. I was reminded of some words that I wrote one time and thought I would share with you.

"How could I ever begin to write a book about you, Lord! You, who made this beautiful, wonderful world we live in. Not the clutter that's been thrown in, Lord, but the beauty of the world that you made - the wonderful lakes and rivers. I believe You did that on the third day - dividing the land from the water. It is still so amazing to me that you could put your mighty hand down and just scoop back the seas to let the land appear. You said "It is good," and, Lord, it still is.

As I sit here, I watch the sunlight dancing on the ripples of the water - ripples too many to count - made by winds invisible to see - going places I cannot know - a symphony in perfect harmony that only Your Hand could conduct.

There is so much peace, Lord, peace that you can hear in your heart and feel with your mind. This peace is a gigantic peace, which lets me know how small I am in Your presence. I, but a minuscule dot on the land, yet You are mindful of me. Lord, that you care for me. That you hear me when I make my pitiful petitions and even more, that You grant my petitions."

David says this in Psalms 24:

The earth is the Lord's, and all it contains, the world, and those who dwell in it. For He has founded it upon the seas and established it upon the rivers.

Who may ascend in the hill of the Lord? And who may stand in His holy place?

He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who has not lifted up his soul to falsehood and has not sworn deceitfully. He shall receive a blessing from the Lord and righteousness from the God of his salvation.

This is the generation of those who seek Him, who seek Your face - even Jacob.

Lift up your heads, O gates, and be lifted up, O ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in!

Who is the King of glory?

The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle.

Lift up your heads, O gates, and lift them up, O ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in!

Who is this King of glory?

The Lord of hosts, He is the King of glory. Selah.


In the asking, we receive! In the seeking, we find! And in the knocking, the door is opened unto us!

Thank you, Lord!

Have a wonderful and blessed day today!

Charlotte

No comments: