Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Learn to do good -

Good morning! My name is Charlotte and I am writing to help us give our first thoughts to the Lord.

Did you ever hear the expression - I prayed for patience and had 13 flat tires? Sometimes things like that happen. I prayed for the Lord to send me someone to love and He sent the most unlovable person He could scrape up. What a challenge! The most important thing to remember in circumstances such as this is not to throw in the towel and not meet the challenge.

I may have shared this before but it bears repeating. I worked one time for a woman in Benton who did not like women. However, she hired me. She was the meanest woman I have ever met. I had to turn in one pencil to get another. There was a man who worked in the office who was in very bad health. That is the reason she hired me - to watch over John and when he died, to take his place, which I did.

I would go home and pray - God, You are going to have to give me love for her because I just can't love her - she is so mean. Well, when You ask of God, you receive, and He would give me the most loving things to do for her. Every time she gave evil, the Lord would give me good things for her.

Many times I went to work singing 'I'm sheltered safe within the arms of God. So let the storm clouds roll, the black clouds rise, they don't worry me, for I'm sheltered safe within the arms of God. He walks with me and naught on earth can harm me, for I'm sheltered safe within the arms of God.'

I stayed there three years and by the time I left, she absolutely adored me. She cried when I finally left.

This job was a great lesson to me. One thing - even though things were really bad sometimes, in the morning was when all the work was done, and then everyone left for the rest of the day. She said it was okay for me to bring my Bible and read it in the afternoon, so for three years every afternoon was spent reading and studying God's word. She was gone also in the afternoon - I was by myself.

What was meant for evil was turned to complete good. That is the way things happen when we live and trust in God. So never throw in the towel when you are in a bad situation, let go and let God give you solutions you never even dreamed of. Let Him give you His love to love with and His kindnesses to be kind with and it will amaze you what the Lord can do through you.

What did our scripture say yesterday Isaiah 1:16-17 CEASE TO DO EVIL, LEARN TO DO GOOD; SEEK JUSTICE, REBUKE THE OPPRESSOR.

Have a great day today serving the Lord!

Ms. Charlotte

No comments: