Friday, March 21, 2008

THE GOOD OF THE LAND!!!!!!!

Good morning! My name is Charlotte and I am writing to help us give our first thoughts to the Lord.

I was wonderfully surprised this morning with two e-mails from some friends that I graduated high school with. We have been out of school for 50 years this 2008. Isn't that amazing. I never though I would make it through those growing up years and yet here I am. My mother used to say 'live and learn - die and forget it all.' That's about how life is. Just about the time you get grown up - it's over.

Well, I'm thankful for my life and my children and my grandchildren. God has blessed me beyond measure.

Yesterday the scripture from Isaiah 1:19 says IF YOU ARE WILLING AND OBEDIENT, YOU SHALL EAT THE GOOD OF THE LAND........FOR THE MOUTH OF THE LORD HAS SPOKEN IT.

The command was to CEASE TO DO EVIL, LEARN TO DO GOOD; SEEK JUSTICE, REBUKE THE OPPRESSOR.

Even though we are faithful to God and do the very best we can do, it takes a while for the good of the land to come to us. Now you may be different from me. I know there have been many people that I have seen over my lifetime that seems they just fall into line. Maybe it takes me a little longer, but I love the Lord and I get there eventually.

I am seeing the good of the land coming to me over the last few years. I am very thankful to God for his reward to me on this earth. But more important, when I meet Him face to face, I want Him to say to me - Charlotte, you did good....I've got your mansion ready - just go on in. And I won't have to wash dishes any more.

The wonderful thing about it is, that where I can't do any better than I am doing, Jesus steps in. Isn't that wonderful.

This scripture also says COME NOW, AND LET US REASON TOGETHER, SAITH THE LORD: THOUGH YOUR SINS BE AS SCARLET, THEY SHALL BE AS WHITE AS SNOW; THOUGH THEY BE RED LIKE CRIMSON, THEY SHALL BE AS WOOL.

I used to know a little preacher that used to sing this:

God held a great glowing balance,
and one side was waiting for me.
The other side held such perfection,
as God had commanded there be.
Then He held the scale in the middle,
and my side soared high with my sin.
I cried 'Oh, let my side be balanced.'
Then Jesus, my Saviour, stepped in.

I'm justified - justified - I'm happy in Jesus today.

This is Easter weekend - the holiday we celebrate as the day that Jesus arose from the dead. He arose victorious over sin and death so that we might have eternal life beginning on this earth...with the good of the land.

Celebrate Jesus this Easter -

Thank you, Jesus, for coming to this earth and dying for us on Calvary. Thank you, God, for raising Him from the dead victorious so that we might have life. Help us to always remember and never neglect so great a salvation. In Jesus Name we pray. Amen.

Have a great weekend!

Ms. Charlotte

No comments: