Wednesday, March 12, 2008

God's Wisdom Works!




Good morning! My name is Charlotte and I am writing to help us give our first thoughts to the Lord.





James 1:5 says IF ANY OF YOU LACK WISDOM LET HIM ASK OF GOD, THAT GIVES TO ALL MEN LIBERALLY, AND UPBRAIDETH NOT; AND IT SHALL BE GIVEN HIM.

BUT LET HIM ASK IN FAITH, NOTHING WAVERING.

FOR HE THAT WAVERS IS LIKE A WAVE OF THE SEA DRIVEN WITH THE WIND AND TOSSED.

FOR LET NOT THAT MAN THINK THAT HE SHALL RECEIVE ANY THING OF THE LORD.

A DOUBLE MINDED MAN IS UNSTABLE IN ALL HIS WAYS.


What is wisdom? We read quite a lot about it in the Bible. In following the Lord and asking for wisdom in situations, I have come to understand wisdom as using common sense. A lot of the time we can't figure things out and when we ask of God to show us what to do and He does show us a simple solution that works. That is wisdom.

Remember the account of Solomon when two women came to him with one baby. One of the women's baby had died and she had taken the other woman's baby. In deciding who the real mother was, Solomon suggested they just cut the baby in half and each could have a half. Of course, the real mother would say no, just give the baby to the other woman. That is what happened.

God's wisdom works in all the little situations you would think God doesn't even care about - not just the big situations.

One of the most devastating things in the world to a parent is when you don't know where your child is.

There was one time in raising my children that I recall not knowing where my son was. I was almost out of my mind. A big storm had come up. He had called about 9 o'clock and said he would be home later but it got later and later and he didn't come home. He had never done anything like that before and truthfully I was scared to death. I prayed and prayed to know what to do.

I finally tracked him down about 5 o'clock the next morning and was I upset - you bet. When he finally managed to get home, it was around noon the next day. It would have been easy for me to give him the riot act except that he apologized for what he had done. It simply got out of hand - no harm was done - and he was home safe, however, there was the trust issue. Would I - could I - ever trust him again?

About a week later the Lord spoke to my heart buy him a ticket to go to his friend's house the next weekend. TRUSTING CONFIDENTLY IN GOD, I called the bus station to find out how much a ticket would cost and it was within my price range. When I told him, he almost broke down into tears. He said there was a football game or something going on there the next weekend that he wanted very much to go to, but didn't know how to ask me after what he had done.

My trust was in God...in his wisdom in raising my child to be a positive adult, and in the doing taught my son about parent/child trust, about how God not only watches over us but knows the desires of our hearts, about doing what is right. It was a painful lesson yet priceless.

Walking in the wisdom of God. My son now has a son of his own, and he reads this faithfully. I do hope that he doesn't mind my sharing this story from our past as he is very precious to me. At this writing, he probably looks back at this with new eyes as he puts himself in the driver's seat instead of the passenger.

What does the scripture say? If you lack wisdom, ask of God, and He will give it to you and don't waver when you ask. Ask in full confidence that God will answer you and show you what to do in a way that will bring honor and trust in Him.

It will work!!!!!!

Father, give us wisdom in the decisions we have to make this day. Show us the way in our lives so that what we do and how we do it brings honor and glory to Your Name for it is in Your Name that we ask not wavering. Amen.

Have a good day!

Ms. Charlotte

No comments: