Sunday, March 2, 2008

He turned our water into wine!






Good morning! My name is Charlotte and I am writing to help us give our first thoughts to the Lord.

A friend of mine requested that I share some of our wedding pictures with you and of course, I was glad to oblige. My maid of honor was my sister, Sadie, and in the picture with the both of us, is our sister, Beth. The fellow walking me down the aisle is my oldest son, Tim. The preacher is my second son, Chip, and the best man is Bill's son-in-law, Royce. It was a very nice and fun wedding. There were about 50-60 people there. We wrote, read, and signed our vows and framed them for reminder. They hang on our bedroom wall. This was one of the happiest days of my life and I am honored to share it with you.

I have been married before. I was married to a fellow who is the father of my oldest three children. We were married around fourteen years. It was a terrible marriage. We finally dissolved it in 1975. Then I jumped into the fire again in a very physically abusive marriage which lasted six years and almost lost my life. The one good thing that came from that was my youngest son. But I found when I was contemplating marriage to Bill that it was a whole different ball game.

One reason is because we both had been single for twenty years and had no thought of marriage again. We were old enough to have some sense and the main thing, God brought us together. I discovered something very astounding about myself when I made the decision to marry Bill. I discovered that in all my life I had run away from making commitments to anyone except to serving God and raising my children. I knew and Bill knew that when we got married there would be no divorce.

I had heard my son make this statement one time in his sermon. That divorce was not a word he and his wife talked about in their home. I understand that now. Bill and I get along almost perfect. We have been married long enough that I know he has faults and he knows that I have a few 'minor adjustments' to be made (ha!ha!) but we are as happy and content as any two people could possibly be, and I thank the Lord for that.

Jesus and his family was invited to a wedding one time in Cana. At this time, Jesus' fame was not spread abroad. At the wedding they ran out of wine and Mary, His mother, knew that Jesus could fix that situation, so she told them to do whatever Jesus told them to do. Jesus told them to bring containers of water. So they did and when they started to drink of the water, the water was wine....the finest wine. They said 'Why did you save the best wine for last?'

I can say the same thing for Bill and I in our life. He turned our water into wine and gave us the best at the last of our lives. We are very thankful.

Thank you, Lord, for your blessings to us. Thank you for remembering us even after years of waiting. Thank you for helping us make the right decisions. You are so good and I am so honored to serve You. In Jesus Name I pray. Amen.

Have a great day today!

Charlotte

No comments: