Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Even tho I make mistakes.....



Good morning! My name is Charlotte and I am writing to help us give our first thoughts to the Lord.



There used to be a song on the top 10 in the 50's called 'Little Things Mean a Lot.' I can't remember all the words but I remember some of them were, 'throw me a kiss from across the room - say I look nice when I'm not - a line a day when you're far away - little things mean a lot - you don't have to buy me diamonds and rings, champagne, sables and such - I never cared much for diamonds and rings for honestly, honey, they just cost money but give me your hand when we cross the street - call me at 6 on the dot - little things mean a lot.'

We have been talking about the little things. There is so much divorce and broken relationships nowadays. I watch Divorce Court sometimes because I like the judge. She says a lot of good stuff. She tells it like it is. It is astonishing what little things people will divorce over. It just isn't on TV. It is what life today is like.

The Bible prophesies this is Matthew 24:37-39 BUT AS THE DAYS OF NOAH WERE, SO SHALL ALSO THE COMING OF THE SON OF MAN BE. FOR AS IN THE DAYS THAT WERE BEFORE THE FLOOD THEY WERE EATING AND DRINKING, MARRYING, AND GIVING IN MARRIAGE, UNTIL THE DAY THAT NOAH ENTERED INTO THE ARK. AND KNEW NOT UNTIL THE FLOOD CAME, AND TOOK THEM ALL AWAY; SO SHALL ALSO THE COMING OF THE SON OF MAN BE.

Used to be that it was honorable if you did not have sex before marriage, but today there are more girls that have babies that are not married than ones that do not. Very, very few of the younger generation have a moral standing that says 'you don't give away the milk until you bought the cow.' Very few that will stand and say 'I am worth waiting for so get with it or get lost.' The consequences? low self esteem/worth....children in single family homes...poverty.

I have not hidden my past from you. It is covered by the blood of Jesus and I have out walked it, but (there's the but) I can tell you from the living that being a single parent is a hard 'row to hoe.' I raised my older children by myself, and I raised my youngest by myself. I raised them in poverty and my low self-esteem arose from just living and NEVER having enough.

What are the little things that mean a lot in this scenario? Just being young and without a mate....never having enough money.....too many kids and not enough of you.....not enough time to accomplish all that needs to be done......no social life because between work and housework and kids, where's the time?

Up until the 80's a single woman could not get liability insurance because she was single. I remember one time I called this insurance agent and he said that he could not insure me and I asked him why. He said because I might let my boyfriend drive my car. I was appalled to say the least. I told him right off between taking care of my kids and work, I didn't have time for a boyfriend. I got the insurance.

Women could not own property. In the 80's that started changing. I bought my first home, in my name only, in 1985. That was a really big deal then. My credit was in my name - good or bad - I even remember when I was going to have my daughter and my husband had left with another woman, the hospital told me I couldn't have my baby because my husband wasn't there to sign the papers....well du.....they would not accept me until I insisted they call my office and verify that the insurance was indeed in my name and not his. Can you believe? That was in 1969.

We have come a long way, baby!!!!! BUT what have we done with that freedom, folks? Have we not compromised ourselves by laying down our morals and doing everything we are big enough to do and then some???????

I can hear it now....oh, Ms. Charlotte...it's a different age.

What does this scripture say? AS IN THE DAYS OF NOAH.....SO IT IS TODAY.

Can you imagine what it was like when Noah closed the door of the ark? The same people who had been jeering and laughing for 120 years while he built it, all of a sudden realized that it wasn't funny anymore. But (there's the but) it was toooooooo late.

Jesus is coming soon. He is coming for a people who have given their life for Him and His kingdom. Ones who have dared to go against the way of the world and have kept their lamps bright and burning. Ones who have decided not to compromise on the little things and live their lives for the Lord.

I have always used this motto in my life EVEN THOUGH I HAVE MADE MISTAKES, I'M STILL OKAY. The reason I am okay is because Jesus died for me on Calvary. He paid the final price for every mistake I could ever make. He not only died for me, He arose victorious so that I can have life abundant starting now in serving Him. So EVEN THOUGH I HAVE MADE MY MISTAKES, I AM OKAY BECAUSE OF JESUS. And EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE MADE MISTAKES, YOU ARE OKAY BECAUSE OF JESUS.

Doesn't that make you smile?????????

Thank you, Lord, for giving Your life for us. Thank you for abundant life. Lord, I pray that everyone that reads this would know You and know that You give life where there seems to be no life. Thank you for making us okay. Thank you for loving us enough to make this sacrifice for us so that one day we can meet You face to face.
It is in Your Name that we pray. Amen.

Have a great day today!

Charlotte

No comments: