Friday, November 16, 2007

That He might be praised!!!!!

It's Friday I still have one day to go before my week is ended as I work on Saturdays, but it is getting close to my 'Friday.'

Isaiah 61 is a prophecy of Jesus. It tells the many attributes of his ministry. This is what it says:

The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me:
because the Lord has anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek;
he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim liberty to the captives,
and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God:
to comfort all that mourn;
to appoint unto them that mourn in Zion,
to give unto them beauty for ashes,
the oil of joy for mourning,
the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness:
that they might be called trees of righteousness,
the planting of the Lord,
that he might be praised.

You know, it is an amazing thing that we run from God and His ways. God is a positive God. He wants good things for us. He sent Jesus to provide that way for us, yet we prefer and choose to go our own way not even realizing that His abundant life has been provided to us through Jesus.....and for what reason that he might be praised.

Who among us wants bad things for our children. Does it not make you sick at your stomach when your children do the things they shouldn't do and you have to correct them knowing full well if they would just listen to you, they would be much happier and so would you!

God wants good things for us. He binds up the brokenhearted. There is a song that I sing that says 'How many nights must I dry your tears away' just to show how much I love you. It goes on to say 'Don't I put food on your table - show up when the bills are due, and when the pain is racking your body - don't I send healing down to you?

Paris Is Free When you were lost in sin and sorrow, I died to set you free - so you would know just how much I love you.' He comforts us. He puts a smile on our face. Why? because He loves us. Raining Hearts

The sad part is that so many times we don't acknowledge Him. We don't turn to Him like we should or we would be happier, less troubled, more praising than we are now.

Life gets humdrum....and it is hard to remember sometimes that we are not in this race alone. The old song says 'I was there all the time.' Even when we don't look to Him, He is there all the time, waiting for us to look to Him.

Lord, help us to look to you in all situations. Remind us of all the benefits you have made provision for in our lives. Thank you, Lord. In Jesus Name. Amen ( it is done)

Have a great day today! See you back Monday!

Charlotte





No comments: