Thursday, November 29, 2007

One thing have I desired of the Lord!

Good morning! Hope this day finds you rejoicing in the Lord for it is a day that the Lord has made.

Update on Kele. His grandmother allowed him to go to a ranch in Benton for an initial six month period. She can go and visit him. It took a lot of love to let him go. Actually, more love to let him go than to not. Keep him and Mary in your prayers. Mary is Bill's sister.

Psalms 27 says this:

One thing have I desired of the Lord, that I will seek after;that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to inquire in his temple.

This morning I was looking in John 3 and saw a couple of verses that said v38-39 Then Jesus turned, and saw them following, and said unto them, What do you seek? They said unto him, Rabbi, (which is to say, being interpreted, Master) where do you live? He said unto them, Come and see. They came and saw where he dwelt, and abode with him that day: for it was about the tenth hour.

Can you imagine going to Jesus' house and spending the day with Him. Probably he still lived with his mother as that was the custom of that day to live with extended families. I wonder what they had for lunch. Was it on dirt floors?

My mother had an identical twin sister named Aunt Raney. I did not know her until I was grown. I had heard a lot about her but she lived in Texas and we lived in Arkansas so our paths didn't cross much. When I got acquainted with her, the thing I remember most, was that her house was filled with love. You could feel it when you walked in the door. I have always wanted my house to feel that way to people that come. I bet Jesus' house was full of love, don't you?

Last night on King of the Hill it was about them leaving their church because he couldn't sit on the same pew every Sunday. He and his family left the church and went to a really big church. They had church goings on all the time and finally they went back to their old church and the last thing he said, sitting on his pew, was something to the effect of Hello, Lord, glad to be back.

The house of the Lord is where you meet with Jesus. Sometimes I think I would be happy if I could just stay with Him - kneel at his feet - eat from his table - drink from his water....just to stay in his presence.

For in time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion; in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock. (He will just pick me up like a little child and set me out of harm's way.)

And now shall my head be lifted up above my enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy;

When we praise the Lord, it does not always just pour out of us. Sometimes it is a sacrifice to praise God, especially in some situations that are not attractive. This says I WILL OFFER IN HIS TABERNACLE SACRIFICES OF JOY. It is a thing that I WILL DO. The most victorious times in my life have been times that I, in my mind, got right in the middle of a situation and praised God for it, through it, around it and down the middle. God hears that praise and He will move mountains for you when you look to him for answers in the middle of your sacrifice of praise.

I will sing, yes, I will sing praises unto the Lord.

Lord, be with us today and as we give you praise, fight our battles for us so that we can hold on to our peace. In Jesus Name. Amen ( it is done)

Have a good one!

Charlotte

No comments: