Thursday, November 15, 2007

God's on your side - He's got your back!

Coffee DrinkerGet you a cup of coffee and let's enjoy giving our first thoughts to God and his Word. Isn't it exciting this new site. My son called me yesterday and told me about it but never dreamed I would actually get it up and going but here it is. I am as excited about this website as you preacher guys are about your new church. ha!ha!

Psalms 40 says this I waited for the Lord; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. And he has put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord.

Notice the things that happened in this scripture. It is so short that you almost miss the gravity of it.
1. I waited for the Lord.
2. He inclined unto me and heard my cry.
3. He brought me out of a horrible pit.
4. He brought me out of the miry clay.
5. He set my feet upon a rock.
6. He established my goings.
7. He put a new song in my mouth.

In other words - if you take one step, God will take six. All you did was wait for the Lord, crying unto him as you wait.

Psalms 18 is my favorite psalms. In the first 15 verses it tells how powerful God is. He made darkness his secret place....The Lord also thundered in the heavens, and the Highest gave his voice; hail stones and coals of fire. Yes, he sent out his arrows, and scattered them; and he shot out lightnings, and discomfited them.

Then in verse 16 it says He sent from above, he took me, he drew me out of many waters. He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them which hated me: for they were too strong for me. They prevented me in the day of my calamity: but (there's the but) the Lord was my stay.

It is a powerful thing to wait on the Lord - to call upon the Lord. Why? because He's got your back.

Have you ever loved someone so much that it just made you mad for someone to pick on them. My daughter was like that with Matt. We moved into a new neighborhood where there was a bunch of little boys. Matt was five at the time and there was nine little boys in a one block span on this street where I had bought a house. Matt was the new kid on the block. I even had to take him to the hospital one time because they had hurt his arm somehow or another. I remember one day he came in crying and Robyn said, 'come on, Matt.' She took him and went out - don't know where they went - don't know what happened - just know they stopped picking on him.

God is like that with us when we take refuge in Him. Don't know where He went - don't know what happened - just know it stopped. He had my backside and I could be in peace.

One scripture says in Matthew 18:6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone, were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea. Woe unto the world because of offences! (the Bible actually has an exclamation point there) for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the office cometh! (another one)

That is the importance of our forgiving others. It is a terrible thing to be in the hand of God for an offense.

My brother-in-law had offended me and my children terribly. I held that inside me for a long time, and then he died. I ran to that funeral home and forgave him over his dead body so that he would not have to answer to God for what he did to my family. I hope God took that into consideration.

Folks, God is on our side. He wants us to succeed. He wants us to prosper. He set it up that way and when things go wrong, remember, God is on our side and He won't let us down.

Thank you, Lord, for having our backside. Thank you for moving heaven and earth when we need you and when we don't. Remind us to look to you for our answers and not to anything/anyone but you, Lord, and most of all thank you for being on our side no matter what. In Jesus Name. Amen ( it is done)

Have a great day today!

Charlotte







No comments: