Wednesday, February 27, 2008

There's honey in the rock!



My name is Charlotte and I am writing to help us give our first thoughts to the Lord.

I have added some new music this morning. Take a minute to tune in and listen especially to Russ Taff. I believe that this song by Russ Taff trumps anything Gaither has ever taped before. It is sung from a believer's heart and it is evident.

We have been talking about the will of God this week. Laura, my niece, who does Encouraging Words sent me an e-mail which I am going to forward to you if I have your address, and it goes right with what we have been talking about this week. If you ask for a beautiful flower and a butterfly, and God sends you a cactus and a caterpillar, what are you supposed to do? Should you hang your head and toss them aside, or be diligent in caring for the things sent your way? In due season that cactus will bloom beautifully and the caterpillar will erupt into a beautiful butterfly.

The question is do we miss the will of God by not observing where we are walking and what we are doing?

When I was going to UCA I worked at a convenience store for a while. There was a guy that came in early one morning and asked me would I hold some things for him until he returned. I told him I would. Later on in the day, the guy came back and asked where the religious lady was. They knew immediately who he was talking about. When I heard of it, I was amazed as I'm not a preachy type person. I asked him when he came back, how he knew I was religious. He said I had my gospel music playing.

When we are, who we are, when we walk with God, God's light shines out of our life even though we might not realize it.

We have talked about giving our lives totally and completely to the Lord - the bottom rung on the ladder. We have seen that some of the mentioned in the Bible were in the will of God when they prayed for others. Still others, had a special calling on their life to do a specific job.

I heard a woman at a Women's Conference at Christ for the Nations in Dallas one time. She was expounding on how she had bugged God about where she was supposed to go to speak - here? or here? She finally came to the conclusion that God really didn't care where she went to speak...just go and do.

Still other times we read that God sent Paul specifically to a place for a set period of time.

The conclusion I have reached in my life about the will of God, is that God puts us in the place we are, to be all we can be, for His Kingdom's honor and glory.

There is a parable in the Bible about a lord who handed out talents. The one to whom he gave the most talents, took those talents and produced five more. When the lord came back he told him in Matthew 25:21 WELL DONE, YOU GOOD AND FAITHFUL SERVANT: YOU HAVE BEEN FAITHFUL OVER A FEW THINGS, I WILL MAKE YOU RULER OVER MANY THINGS.

Further in that chapter it talks about FOR I WAS HUNGRY, AND YOU GAVE ME MEAT: I WAS THIRSTY, AND YOU GAVE ME DRINK: I WAS A STRANGER, AND YOU TOOK ME IN: NAKED, AND YOU CLOTHED ME: I WAS SICK, AND YOU VISITED ME: I WAS IN PRISON, AND YOU CAME UNTO ME.

THEN SHALL THE RIGHTEOUS ANSWER HIM, SAYING, LORD, WHEN DID WE SEE YOU HUNGRY, AND FED YOU? OR THIRSTY, AND GAVE YOU DRINK? WHEN DID WE SEE YOU A STRANGER, AND TOOK YOU IN? OR NAKED, AND CLOTHED YOU? OR WHEN DID WE SEE YOU SICK, OR IN PRISON, AND CAME UNTO YOU?

AND THE KING SHALL ANSWER AND SAY UNTO THEM, VERILY I SAY UNTO YOU, INASMUCH AS YOU HAVE DONE IT UNTO ONE OF THE LEAST OF THESE, MY BRETHREN, YOU HAVE DONE IT UNTO ME.


Like the Azaleas that bloom even in the rock, we are to bloom wherever we are planted. That is God's will concerning us.

Lord, help us to bloom where we are planted. Help us to be content wherever you have put us even if we don't want to be there. Let our light shine out for You and Your Kingdom to let everyone know what a wonderful Saviour You are. In Jesus Name I pray. Amen.

Have a wonderful day today!

Charlotte

No comments: