Thursday, December 27, 2007

THAT'S MY BOY!

Good morning! My name is Charlotte and I am writing to help us give our first thoughts to the Lord.

Well, my new coffee pot went off just fine this morning and I now have a cup of coffee automatically made at 5:30 a.m. by my new coffee pot. I love it!

We have been looking in Luke at the season of Jesus' birth. Luke 2goes on to say in verse 36

And there was one Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Aser: she was of great age, and had lived with an husband seven years from her virginity. And she was a widow of about fourscore and four years, which departed not from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day.

We have talked about being single and serving God with your whole heart. Anna was a prophetess, but she did not start out as a prophetess, she became one. She was married for seven years when she was a young woman, but her husband died, so she dedicated her whole life to the Lord. This is a great example for young single women.

And she coming in that instant gave thanks likewise unto the Lord, and spake of him to all them that looked for redemption in Jerusalem.

And when they had performed all things according to the law of the Lord, they returned into Galilee, to their own city Nazareth.


(I was right - this is the point they returned to Nazareth)

And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him.

Even though Jesus did not have a halo like so many pictures depicts, there was something quite different about Jesus as a child. He was strong in spirit.

I have a little granddaughter who is six years old. Her name is Anna. She is a wonderful child. She is soft spoken yet let's you know what she thinks. She obeys her parents. She has a tender heart, yet she is up for the challenge whenever the need be. There is something different about Anna. She is filled with such excellence it is hard to define. She plays more than great with her friends yet is happy to play by herself. I look for great things from Anna.

Anna, to my way of thinking, is a child 'strong in spirit.' This was not spirit of the Lord, but a spirit having to do with character. He had a lot of spirit. He was ready for the challenge. Don't you love to be around people who are like that - or maybe not if you don't have a lot of spirit.

When I was a younger woman raising my kids, I questioned the Lord one time why he did not do in my life like I had seen him do in my friend's life. The Lord told me that day that I was like a wild horse, but wild horses when they are saddled and bridled make the best fillies.

Wild horses have a lot of spirit, but in order for man to use that spirit, they have to be saddled and bridled.

I was really unhappy with the Lord for telling me that. I wouldn't have taken that from someone else because my spirit was wild. But, now that I am older, I can look back and see where I have come from and am happy that my spirit has been tamed by the Lord, because no one else could have done that in me. It actually makes life a lot easier.

Jesus was not only a child strong in spirit, he was filled with wisdom. A child filled with wisdom.

Makayla has always been perceptive, even when she was a little baby. She has had a rocky little life and I suppose that was God's way of giving her what she required to come out on top...and she is a wonderful little girl. But, what amazes her mother and I is her perception. She knows when something is amiss..just a little bit.

A child that walks in wisdom (common sense reasoning). A special perception of things going on around him. This is what Jesus had.

The grace (love) of God was upon him.

We have a new baby in the Sullivan clan. His name is RJ. He is nine months old and walking all over the place. He is the cutest little fellow you ever saw. Needless to say RJ set everybody up on their ear this year. He stopped the show. We oo'd and ah'd over him til it was ridiculous.

I am sure God, His Father, as He watched Jesus grow strong in spirit, filled with wisdom, his love had to overflow because that was His child - His only son.

David Letterman had a child in his late 50's. Harry has changed David's whole life. He has a soft spot. Just speak of children and David lights up. Harry is his only son and he delights in him.

Jesus was God's only son and I am sure as He watched him grow, He was delighted in Jesus. Jesus never disappointed God. At one point, God just had to say - THIS IS MY BELOVED SON IN WHOM I AM WELL PLEASED.

Father,we know that you delight in us also because we are your children. Help us to not disappoint you and to living where our lives will be pleasing in your sight. I love you, Father. Thru Jesus, our big brother, we pray. Amen.

Have a great day today!

Charlotte

No comments: