Sunday, April 5, 2009

IN THE MIDNIGHT HOUR -----

Good morning! My name is Charlotte and I am writing to help us give our first thoughts to God.

Psalms 63 says: O GOD, YOU ARE MY GOD, EARLY WILL I SEEK YOU:
Dake put a note her that says 'from the dawning of day.' There is a place in the New Testament (I can't put my finger on it) that talks about Jesus going out early in the morning and praying.

I decided one day I was going to try it. I lived right by a park that my granddaughter's and I walked in and during the day it was beautiful, but let me tell you something at 4 in the morning, it is a spooky place. The bushes had shadows I couldn't make out and finally I landed in a well lit place within running distance of my front door. I never did that again. The best I can do is rise early to get this little epistle done and then grunt about it. hahaha

MY SOUL THIRSTS FOR YOU, MY FLESH LONGS FOR YOU IN A DRY AND THIRSTY LAND, WHERE NO WATER IS: TO SEE YOUR POWER AND YOUR GLORY, SO AS I HAVE SEEN YOU IN THE SANCTUARY.

If we draw near to God, He will draw near to us. Things happen when we truly get thirsty for God. There is a place within all of us that is reserved especially for God and can only be filled with Him. People try to fill up that space with other things - relationships, drinking, drugs, sex, many, many things, however, until we know the love of God and the things of God, we will never be satisfied on this earth. I remember how empty I felt when God was dealing with my heart and how different it was when I finally gave up and 'let God' into my heart - He gives water where we will never thirst again. Praise His Name!!!!!

BECAUSE YOUR LOVING KINDNESS IS BETTER THAN LIFE, MY LIPS SHALL PRAISE YOU. THUS WILL I BLESS YOU WHILE I LIVE; I WILL LIFT UP MY HANDS IN YOUR NAME.

See what this says - YOUR LOVING KINDNESS IS BETTER THAN LIFE - and because of this I will praise you and I will lift my hands in Your Name.

MY SOUL SHALL BE SATISFIED AS WITH MARROW AND FATNESS; AND MY MOUTH SHALL PRAISE YOU WITH JOYFUL LIPS:

This isn't silent praise. It says my mouth and my joyful lips will praise You.

WHEN I REMEMBER YOU UPON MY BED, AND MEDITATE ON YOU IN THE NIGHT WATCHES. BECAUSE YOU HAVE BEEN MY HELP, THEREFORE IN THE SHADOW OF THY WINGS WILL I REJOICE. MY SOUL FOLLOWS HARD AFTER YOU: YOUR RIGHT HAND UPHOLDS ME.

According to this scripture not only are we supposed to seek Him early but also to meditate in the night watches.

One sure way of putting yourself to sleep at night is to meditate on God or His Word. The devil doesn't like for us to meditate on God or rise early to seek His face. Sleep comes easy when we try to live closer to God either early or late.

Better close for today - Father, remind us to not only seek you early but to meditate on You when we can't sleep. Give us a thirst for Your Word and the things of God so that we can live pleasing in your sight. In Jesus Name. Amen (it is done)

Have a great Monday!

No comments: