Wednesday, April 1, 2009

LITTLE IS MUCH WHEN GOD IS IN IT!

Good morning! My name is Charlotte and I am writing to help us give our first thoughts to the Lord.

Isaiah 55 starting with the 8th verse says this:

FOR MY THOUGHTS ARE NOT YOUR THOUGHTS, NEITHER ARE YOUR WAYS MY WAYS, SAITH THE LORD. FOR AS THE HEAVENS ARE HIGHER THAN THE EARTH, SO ARE MY WAYS HIGHER THAN YOUR WAYS, AND MY THOUGHTS THAN YOUR THOUGHTS.

I am so glad that God's thoughts and His ways are higher and wiser than mine. I mess up big time sometimes but God's way doesn't mess up. James the first chapter talks about if we ask God for wisdom, He will give us wisdom and He won't scold us saying we are not good enough or holding it over our heads that we are less than He is. He shares wisdom with us willingly.

When I was about 10 years old, I went to a Vacation Bible School and my part on the ending program was to get a key out of this treasure chest and say this scripture:

WISDOM IS BETTER THAN RUBIES AND ALL THINGS DESIRED CANNOT BE COMPARED TO IT. Proverbs 8:11.

I still remember that verse of scripture. Wisdom = good common sense.

FOR AS THE RAIN COMES DOWN, AND THE SNOW FROM HEAVEN, AND RETURNS NOT THERE, BUT WATERS THE EARTH, AND MAKES IT BRING FORTH AND BUD, THAT IT MAY GIVE SEED TO THE SOWER, AND BREAD TO THE EATER; SO SHALL MY WORD BE THAT GOES FORTH OUT OF MY MOUTH: IT SHALL NOT RETURN UNTO ME VOID, BUT IT SHALL ACCOMPLISH THAT WHICH I PLEASE, AND IT SHALL PROSPER IN THE THING WHERETO I SENT IT.

Now let's think about what this is saying. This is April - April showers bring May flowers. There is an old song 'Thou April showers may come your way, they bring the flowers, that bloom in May. So keep on looking for that blue bird and listening for his song, whenever April showers come along.' Remember that one? You may be to young. The showers and the winter snows when they melt, provide water for the ground to prepare it to receive the flowers and buds for Spring (which is where we are now).

For a plant to grow, it requires water, sunshine, and air. This is the recipe for green healthy plants. That is the way God set it up. If a plant lacks even one of these ingredients, it will die. We call it photosynthesis where these ingredients produce the chlorophyll (green) in plants. This process does not fail.

When we use God's Word as seed to plant, it will not return void. In other words, if you plant a seed of God's Word in someones heart, it will grow and eventually make a huge difference in that person's life.

Paul talks about some workers are the ones that just prepare the ground. Others plant the seed and still others harvest the crop. But (there's the but) the abundance is from the Lord and the results that his Word has on man.

To those who do not believe, this is foolishness, but just as God set photosynthesis in motion so He set His Word in motion to not return void.

I have planted seed before that did not come up. I have planted seeds that when they sprouted, the squirrel ate them. I have planted seeds before that birds ate. And then I have planted seed that grew into beautiful plants. But (there's the but) God's Word will not return unto Him void - of no effect.

FOR YOU SHALL GO OUT WITH JOY, AND BE LED FORTH WITH PEACE: THE MOUNTAINS AND THE HILLS SHALL BREAK FORTH BEFORE YOU INTO SINGING, AND ALL THE TREES OF THE FIELD SHALL CLAP THEIR HANDS. INSTEAD OF THE THORN SHALL COME UP THE FIR TREE, AND INSTEAD OF THE BRIER SHALL COME UP THE MYRTLE TREE: AND IT SHALL BE TO THE LORD FOR A NAME, FOR AN EVERLASTING SIGN THAT SHALL NOT BE CUT OFF.

Just as springtime is a time to be thankful to God for His beautiful world that only He could paint with such majesty, also when we do for the Lord, it will give us joy and peace. If we don't give Him praise the rocks will cry out and the trees in the field shall clap their hands. Instead of bad only good will come because God is God and what He sets in motion works.

Matthew is my rebel child. He is strictly redneck - all the way. You say redneck and Matthew is.

We were talking here while back and he said, "Mom, do you know the reason why I believe in God?" He said, "Remember that time you fell in the back yard and couldn't get up and I had just driven off?"

Well, I remember it well because I couldn't get up and it was dark and our big old dog I feared would lick me to death.

He said, "I got up to the corner and I knew I was supposed to turn around and come back home." He did and came in calling my name. He was grown so there was no specific time for him to come home so I could have been out there until he came back, but God directed him to come back.

You see - little is much when God is in it.

God works for us to glorify Him....to bring honor and glory to His Name....I don't want the rocks to have to cry out in my place....as long as I have breathe, I will praise His name for who He is and all the wonderful things He does. Glory be to You, Father. Thank you for being You. We give You praise.

Have a good one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Roulleyclitle
[url=http://healthplusrx.com/new-cholesterol-medication]new cholesterol medication[/url]
Bousbassy

John Green said...

Great Infromation, Thanks for sharing...