Sunday, March 29, 2009

TO BE REMEMBERED NO MORE!

Good morning! My name is Charlotte and I am writing to help us give our very first thoughts to the Lord.

JOHN 3:16-18 FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD, THAT HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, THAT WHOSOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM SHOULD NOT PERISH, BUT HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE.

(now listen to this) FOR GOD SENT NOT HIS SON INTO THE WORLD TO CONDEMN THE WORLD; BUT THAT THE WORLD THROUGH HIM MIGHT BE SAVED.

(get this) HE THAT BELIEVES ON HIM IS NOT CONDEMNED: BUT (there's the but) HE THAT BELIEVES NOT IS CONDEMNED ALREADY (and why?) BECAUSE HE HAS NOT BELIEVED IN THE NAME OF THE ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD.

Verse 19 says AND THIS IS THE CONDEMNATION, THAT LIGHT IS COME INTO THE WORLD, AND MEN LOVED DARKNESS RATHER THAN LIGHT, BECAUSE THEIR DEEDS WERE EVIL.

v20 FOR EVERY ONE THAT DOES EVIL HATES THE LIGHT, NEITHER COMES TO THE LIGHT, LEST HIS DEED SHOULD BE REPROVED.

V21 BUT (there's the but) HE THAT DOES TRUTH COMES TO THE LIGHT, THAT HIS DEEDS MAY BE MADE MANIFEST, THAT THEY ARE WROUGHT IN GOD.

All of us have a desire within us to be accepted for who we are. So many look to find a lover/companion/person who will love them for themselves. People are just human. Relationships are difficult. But (there's the but) here in this scripture we find that God loved us enough to make a way for us through Jesus and it is called GRACE (unconditional favor) (loving us in spite of ourselves). He does not condemn us no matter what mistakes we have made or will make and why? because of Jesus.

When I learned this in my heart, I found acceptance from the inside out. He knows me even to the thoughts that I think and the intent of my heart and He still loves me. When I learned that, then I could accept myself and my failings and find peace that passes understanding from the inside out.

One time a long time ago I was feeling so bad about myself. One of those days that everything's wrong and nothing is right. I have never thought I was beautiful. Sometimes when I was feeling really bad, it seems I could not even face myself in the mirror because to me I was ugly. This day I was feeling really bad about me, and when I got in my car and turned on the radio, this song came floating thru the airwaves: YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL TO ME - YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL - CAN'T YOU SEE - and as tears flooded my cheeks, I knew that that was God's love song to me and even tho I was feeling really bad about me - God loved me and accepted me just like I am.

Somehow over the years I have lost that image of myself. I still look the same but on the inside of me I am different and why? because of Jesus and His wonderful unconditional favor that would reach down to even me.

I teach a little kid's class on Sunday night and I get the biggest kick out of those kids. Their little minds are so sharp. We got to talking one night about stuff they had done wrong.....things some had hidden from their parents. One said mom had told them not to take food into their room and after mom was asleep she and her sister got some carrots out the frig and ate them in their room. One said she had slipped some candy that mom told her she couldn't eat. One even said he had slipped out of the house after mom and dad went to sleep and went next door to the neighbor's. I'm not sure of that one but we do stuff and we 'hide it from mom.' We hide it because we'll get in trouble if mom finds out. Right?

This scripture says that people don't accept Jesus because Jesus is the light and if they come to Jesus, the things they have done wrong will be seen in the light of Jesus. In other words, we will have to face ourselves and the deeds we have done. Do those deeds bring us happiness? No - how many happy alcoholics do your know - how many couple that live together are happy - how many liars find happiness in the truth (I guess that is why they lie) Things contrary to God's ways do not bring us happiness.

Jesus provided another way. He said be truthful, be honest, be loving, be kind, be gentle, obey your parents.......don't live with that person until you make a committment to them and them to you......don't drink in excess.....a different way. Does he give us the don'ts to make us unhappy...no...God's don'ts gives us life and life more abundant right here on this earth.

I have been in sales for many years and what you have to remember about selling is to promote the benefits.

What are the benefits of serving God?????????

Third John verse 2 says this BELOVED, I WISH ABOVE ALL THINGS THAT YOU MAY PROSPER AND BE IN HEALTH, EVEN AS YOUR SOUL PROSPERS.

Hey!!!! Is that a bad thing? Evie used to sing if heaven never was promised to me, I would serve God anyway because His Way of life - abundant life - that starts the days we accept Him for Who He is, is worth the living.

Another thing is this scripture says that HE THAT DOES TRUTH COMES TO THE LIGHT, THAT HIS DEEDS MAY BE MADE MANIFEST, THAT THEY ARE WROUGHT IN GOD. Being made manifest is written down like in a book - a Manifest Book - like truck lines use to keep track of their shipping in and out.

So what about the deeds that are not good? that are not wrought in God? When we come to Jesus, those deeds are put in the Sea of Forgetfulness and remembered no more. There is no condemnation in Jesus because of what we have done in the past. He WIPES AWAY OUR PAST!!!!!! If we say God, remember when I messed up back in 1970 and I remember it so well - God says, I don't remember that!

Got to go for today - kinda long winded today - Have a good one!

Father, thank you for loving us. Thank you for accepting us even though we make mistakes and mess up something awful sometimes. Thank you for forgiving us and putting those mistakes into Your Sea of Forgetfulness and remembering them no more. Teach us, Lord, to be all we can be and serve you with our whole heart - let Your will be the desire of our hearts. In Jesus Name. Amen!

1 comment:

Hal Harris said...

Thank You God for wiping away those things from my past! Thank You a lot! I am so happy to be serving the God of grace. I suppose if we were saved by our "good deeds", He would have to factor in those past sins as well...and that would NOT be good. ~hh

PS: Do I remember that you used to sing? Do you still sing? I'm an Evie fan too. She will always brighten your day.